Recognize the profile - strengthen strengths
ascertains characteristics of persons or groups in regard to a responsibility or occupation. They are often referred to as "soft factors" – termed "soft skills". We have specialized in attaining precise, scientifically based findings regarding such characteristics, which go above and beyond where certificates and letters of recommendation leave off.
The attainment of these findings is thus not aimed toward knowledge or what has been learned, rather, what makes a person unique (your colleague, your trainee, your applicant, your superior):
- Where do his strengths and talents lie?
- What potential has not yet been utilized?
- Which tasks match the personality – and which do not?
The findings fulfill their purpose, or rather answer questions, in a company – for example, in order to find personalities fitting a certain job definition. We can:
- Describe the necessary soft skills for an occupation,
- Determine to what degree the candidate possesses these skills and
- Recommend where development or qualification could be necessary.
In addition to this, on the basis of real workforce data, we target suitable occupations for persons within their own personal area of mobility.
"We make ourselves superfluous": regarding all tasks involved in management diagnostics, com motus as your external partner, can either
- take over management diagnostics for you or
- supply your company with all necessary knowledge to implement testing.
In this way, it is possible for you to utlize external expertise and/or expand your skill in this field step-by-step. Thus you can independently implement all necessary instruments and procedures in your company, if desired.
Management diagnostics is based upon a combination of several instruments. We use the complex testing intsrument Profilizer from our partner company L&D Support (Amsterdam and Hamburg) that has been specially developed for these kinds of professional uses. You can expect specific Delta Analyses that will compare the individual profile of a person with the desired profile for a position (which we develop together ahead of time).
Management diagnostics is based upon a combination of several instruments. We use the complex testing intsrument Profilizer from our partner company L&D Support (Amsterdam and Hamburg) that has been specially developed for these kinds of professional uses. You can expect specific Delta Analyses that will compare the individual profile of a person with the desired profile for a position (which we develop together ahead of time). The evaluation is based upon a catalogue of questions that is online and can be filled out in the following languages, among others: German, English, French and Dutch. The results are then interpreted in a personal talk between our experienced Profilizer Coach and the client because, "The truth is not held within the resulting document, rather arises within a discussion of interpretation."
Of particular meaning to us is a very positively oriented handling of the management diagnostics’s instruments. These can open doors – and if necessary – identify the rest of the path and help to leave behind dead ends. Learn more about our philophy. Marcus Harun regarding experiences with the Profilizer, "It is fascinating to see how often so much unsuspected potential is identifiable in people. That motivated me to further expand the business area of management diagnostics and to make it useful for our partners."
High quality management diagnostics requires both a combination of various instruments and a flexible approach. The ideal combination depends on the set of tasks upon which we confer with you. Within the context of personal career counseling, for example, it would be advisable to choose a different approach as when dealing with the structured formation and qualification of a team or the personnel selection for managerial responsibility.
Exemplary approaches are, among others:
Would you like to hire a new manager or to fill multiple positions in your company? Are a professional and respectful analysis of candidates just as important to you as a clear definition of the catalogue of job requirements?
- We support you in choosing the appropriate persons and in giving those who are not selected high quality feedback.
- We determine whether and to what extent the person’s profile fits with the requirements of the position.
- Upon request, we either provide you with the qualifications in order to independently carry through all necessary steps, or we take over the task completely for you.
- In cooperation with you, we define a multi-staged approach in order to handle a great number of applicants.
Human resources development is sometimes referred to as the linchpin in a company’s personnel department. Human resources development has the obligation to ensure that people possess the right skills and qualifications according to the business’ strategy. It holds an equal obligation to the individuals involved, in order to find a fitting career path and to support them in their personal development. This responsibility is at the same time fascinating and demanding.
com motus has made it its business to support precisely this complex task with respect, appreciation and the necessary amount of personal sound judgment. We help you in recognizing and describing your colleague’s soft skills, talents, as well as their hidden and readily apparent capabilities.
- Together, we develop the necessary parameters with which we narrow down your company’s human resources development to the most essential aspects.
- We analyze and visualize in detail, for you and your personnel, the current location of persons along with the necessary steps in order to reach the next position or in order to be able to tackle the next set of tasks.
- We carefully differentiate between a person’s skills, approach, interests and his or her current, personal balance. We know the difference between a working method and a style of cooperation. We consider it appropriate to really take a close look at things. In this way, we can plan and assist very goal-oriented as well as personally fitting and fair developments.
Would you like a new focus? Are you at the beginning of your career, after having finished university or following an ended career path?
What is important now?
- Most people first ask themselves: Where do I want to go? They search for the goal. We first ask: Where are you right now? Without a clear assessment of your current situation, it is impossible to head down the path toward a goal. Even the definition of a goal generally depends upon the assessment of the current situation. Because of this, assessment of the current situation goes hand in hand with identifying a goal. A clear assessment of the current situation is often the key to a further strategy and frequently reduces the ensuing effort immensely.
- Realize what your interests are! Most of the time, that is the simplest part. More difficult is to identify skills and attitudes independent of interests. Sometimes interests and skills go hand in hand. Sometimes they do not. In this case, we can help provide clarity.
- When the current profile of skills, interests and attitudes has been determined, questions regarding stress resistance, personal balance, cooperation style and personal work methods can be of meaning. We ascertain this and explain the results to you.
- Once this foundation has been laid, then the focus can be upon defining a goal. Where the journey should head. And – quite essential – how long is the path? Are all of the necessary skills available or would qualifications or trainings be advisable?
Are you familiar with the following task?
You have multiple teams that essentially perform similar duties. Interestingly, each team has a specific culture with particular manners of behavior – more generally speaking, "soft skills" – what is typical for one team is completely foreign to the other team. How do you make decisions regarding trainings and education? Which team do you train in regard to customer orientation and which in regard to internal cooperation? After all, you want to avoid allotting trainings according to a principle of indiscriminate all-round distribution.
We visualize the status quo for entire teams. We make your company culture visible!
- Which top skills are present in each team?
- Which key skills are missing and should be trained?
- What differences exist between locations?
- Where do all project leaders, for example, in the company stand in regard to the necessary core skills?
- What skill profile do Junior Consultants have when they start off with you, and how does this group look after two years?
FAB © "Leadership style analysis and advising" – our 360° feedback:
- Improvement of leadership / work style through feedback and coaching
- Improvement of communication through team feedback and coaching
- Prospects for development with management
- Mobilization of managers through the development of specific measures on the basis of aggregate results
- Semantic differentials
- Only 15 questions and 2 open-ended text questions
- Printed and online versions possible
- International (German, English, French, Italian, Russian, Chinese, Japanese)
- Hypotheses about complex management skills such as:
- "Customer oriented"
- Created in 1982 and afterwards continuously further developed, among others by the Institute for Empirical Social Research at the University of Cologne
- 15, or as the case may be, 18 bipolar adjective pairs (semantic differentials)
- Fast, simple and intercultural with the validity of 143 individual questions
- Anonymity is strictly maintained
- 2 open additional questions, “He / She could be successful if he / she would change the following”, etc.
- Holistic consideration
- Resource oriented
…occurs here (refer also to "Profilizer") without any claim to rightness, universality or judgment! It does not give a result of "how or what someone is", rather it provides a response as to how the feedback receiver is perceived. For this discussion of interpretation, our orientation toward systemic values and humanism also applies. The "truth" comes into being during the discussion – not on the document.